Each spring over 400 students along with their families, teachers, and stakeholders will convene at the Wintrust Arena to participate in a daylong engineering competition. The students are participants in Project SYNCERE’s ENpowered Program at their respective schools and will come together to showcase their knowledge and skills in STEM. Leading up to the ENpowered Games, Project SYNCERE’s instructional team provides the 21 participating schools with 10 weeks of programming to develop students’ knowledge and skills in engineering design.
Our goal is to increase America’s talent pool by improving STEM education for under-represented youth. Through their participation in this comprehensive STEM competition, 400 students will have an increased aptitude and appreciation for the STEM fields. Our hope is that by providing students with an initial spark, they will become energized by their involvement in the program and choose to continue their pursuit of STEM knowledge by participating in other programs such as our out-of-school program, E-CADEMY.
The goals for the competition are to:
- Increase awareness of career opportunities in STEM
- Enhance positive attitudes toward STEM disciplines
- Develop an understanding of how to utilize the engineering design process to solve problems
- Gain skills in communication, critical thinking and collaboration
- Create a pipeline of students to participate in our year-round E-CADEMY program
- Expose families to the value of STEM careers